Translate

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Across a Deadly Field/Johnny Reb/Fire and Fury/15mm/AWI/ACW Wooden fences

Well I looked at my old fences and said"UGGH" so I made up a new batch for my ACW and AWI games. When working with wood I tend to stay away from paint and try stains for a more natural look from a dark brown to a whitish grey. Alot of the fences you see back East in parks are real grey but I tend to think that a working farm would replace the worn timbers fairly regularly since the wood rotted faster back then from a  lack of preservative finishes we have today.I also tend to clutter up terrain pieces for a more authentic look. Each fence 6 inches long/15 cm and made almost entirely of wood except the ground rocks/bushes lying about.I also tend to use more supports and glue than most people for gamer resistant strength. Enjoy

Split rail or battle fences 





Some rail fences






Action photographs









No comments:

Post a Comment