Translate

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

More units for AWI Washington's Wars and Greene's Southern Campaign

 Well I have finished several more units for the campaign and my AWI Armies as well as some support trains to supply my vast horde of newly painted miniature's. As I am in the final stages of my Southern Campaign build up I've included several units which played apart of the overall conduct of the war in the South.


Lee's Legion I painted them in mixed uniforms to lessen confusion for players when fighting battles. I know the legion wore uniforms almost exactly the same as Tarleton's British legion but   since the continental supply service to pit it loosely was inept I figure a mixed uniform would be proper plus I like the buff and green facings.


                                       



Here's a unit of Tory cavalry of an unknown unit  (Taffington's Ghost Hunters) possibly used to 
conduct anti guerilla raids and local barbeques sources disagree as to the style of barbeque some say North Carolina some say South Carolina. British sources are mum on the subject.



Taffington and his merry band

Supply trains and supply carts since I'll be moving armies around the countryside both sides will needs supplies in order to carryout their missions. My rules will have supply trains and magazines for each side to provide for their forces as they seek to destroy and overcome the opposition. Since the rules I use have ammo carts in them to resupply units out of ammunition and since the carts them selves were used to convoy supplies I've made several for each side to provide support during a game or in the case of a raiding game targets to be seized.













Good Ole Lumber wagon for engineering tasks I don't remember where I got this from but it is neat wagon.

Indian Auxiliaries I made these for both Theatres North and South and as back ups for my French and Indian War armies. The figures are Old Glory Northern and Southern tribes and are easy to paint up and well animated. I also have a Indian village 10 longhouses and wigwams and 2 tepee's the kind manufacturer at Acheson Designs gave me nice models and affordable. Some thing seems to stirred   these Indians up.















Morgan's Rifle Corps seems to have snuck in under the stern hand of Benedict Arnold to show these savages the err of their ways.


















No comments:

Post a Comment