Translate

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Modular Cornfield for ACW/Across a deadly field

I finally got to making my cornfield for our ACW group. We have started using Across A Deadly Field and as a 30 year veteran of playing Johnny Reb I was quite surprised on the ease of play and streamlining that the late John Hill made to his rule system. I decided to make my long delayed cornfield using a supply of cornstalks I had gathered over the years. As the stalks are rather delicate I had to find a way to be able to remove them when units entered the field without damaging them. The solution was to mount the rows on removable bases as a unit passes through. I placed destroyed bits of cornstalk on the base to represent crushed cornstalks which are visible in the photographs below.The fences are made of wood stained and fitted haphazardly to reflect its rustic theme.The figures are 15 mm Essex,Old Glory and Stone Mountain.












No comments:

Post a Comment